PDXpendables now has Arri’s new Skypanel, the mighty S-120-C and Quasar LEDs.
S120- C Skypanel
The highly acclaimed ARRI SkyPanel series of LED soft lights is growing. With the new SkyPanel S120-C joining the S60 and S30 family of products. The S120 is twice as long as the S60, but weighs nearly the same. Its larger light aperture makes a great soft light even better. Retaining the same features and color tuneability as its smaller counterparts, the S120 consumes less than 400 watts. Yet it is slightly brighter than the S60-C and has an outstanding efficacy of 90 lumens per watt.
A large surface area is a crucial feature of a good soft light. With an aperture of 1290 mm x 300 mm (50.8” x 11.8”), the S120 outputs a beautifully soft, even beam of light. It has a wide range of uses. The long aspect ratio wraps light around objects and is perfect for vertical lighting of people. In addition the S120 works well as an overhead light for large areas. With the increased dimensions meaning that fewer lights and less cables are required.
Our rental units feature the optional center mount yoke. This allows the head to work in any orientation.
3.0 Firmware upgrade
All of our Sky panels now feature the 3.0 Firmware upgrade. The state-of-the-art light engines and electronics built into every SkyPanel have paved the way for a powerful new feature in SkyPanel Firmware 3.0: lighting effects. With SkyPanel Lighting Effects users can now choose and manipulate 12 effects without the need for a lighting console or hours of programming. Each effect has several parameters that allow for customization of the effect to fit your needs. The lighting effects include: candle, clouds passing, club lights, color chase, cop car, fire, fireworks, light strobe, lightning, paparazzi, pulsing, and television. SkyPanel Lighting Effects changes the game for on-set lighting effect generation.
Q-LED Linear Lamps
Also new to our inventory is the Quasar line of LED lamps. With the Q-LED, the options are endless. From lighting actors to lighting environments, the versatility is only limited by your imagination. Stack lamps into large arrays to form LED panels of tremendous size and proportion. Light backings with unprecedented energy efficiency. String overhead above diffusions for the perfect sky. Retrofit your Kino package to high output, dimmer compatible LED units. No matter the task, Q-LED Linear Lamps are up to the challenge.
- Linear LED Lamp – The unique form factor of the Quasar Science Q-LED Lamp offers a low profile yet broad lighting source that is capable of providing everything from traditional 3 point subject lighting to architectural accents and general area lighting.
- Low Profile – Easy to hide when space is at a minimum the Q-LED Linear LED lamp can be mounted against a wall or ceiling without compromising framing.
- Self Ballasted – Q-LED’s do not require troublesome power supplies or ballasts which often add time when quickly adding a light, get in the way or need to be hidden from camera.
- Dimmer Compatible – Compatible with most existing dimming systems the Q-LED Lamps can be patched into the same infrastructure as your incandescent lighting sources.
- Expandable – Stack them in a column to create large LED panels. Any size or end to end for long linear lighting sources that stretch across the .
- 120vac/240vac vs. 12vdc – Many modern LED lamps run on 12volt which can be very useful especially on battery packs. However 12volts is highly problematic when powering large scale arrays of light. Or when needing to cable more then 12 feet / 3 Meters from the power source where line loss effects the output and performance of the LED luminaire.
- Energy Efficiency – At 90+ lumens per watt the Q-LED line vastly outperforms other lighting sources. In the luminous output to power consumption ratio.
- Single End Power Input – Providing a clean appearance and easy to cable light without the need for overly complicated wiring looms. That become a spiderweb, tangling themselves around stands and costing time and energy to both straighten and dress out of view.