Stage and Studio Lighting fixtures are undergoing a rapid change in technology.
Whether it’s meeting the challenges of digital high speed photography or integrating the new LED light sources our manufacturers are equal to the task.
ARRI Lighting has introduced Electronic High Speed Ballasts.
Capable of functioning at 1000 Hz, these square wave Ballasts are capable of seamlessly capturing images at over 1000fps.
When it comes to LED Lighting check out their line of L-Series LED Fresnels. These units incorporate a true Fresnel’s focusing characteristics and are available in either RGBW or CCT tunable units.
Altman Lighting features the new PHX LED Ellipsoidal fixture which features the perfect union of great performance and pricing.
Also check out their Spectra line of Cyc, Par and Cube Lights.
Chroma-Correct LED LiteRibbon™. Vibrant Colors. Color Correct White.
CHROMA RGB-Tungsten LiteRibbon is a single row of wide-angle, low profile LED emitters mounted to a flexible, adhesive-backed circuit board that has cut points located after every 3 emitters. It has been designed specifically to be used as a light source when either flexibility, size, or low power consumption are critical. The LiteRibbon family has an entire control, power, and distribution ecosystem, which allows for a wide variety of options to handle any situation. When used with a multi-channel dimmer pack, you can achieve one of millions of color choices. This CHROMA RGB-Tungsten 72-X1 measures 12mm x 5m (0.47″ x 3.28′).
Be sure to order LiteDimmers and Power Supplies, sold separately!
We particularly like Kino Flo’s new FreeStyle 31 & 21 LED unleashes your creative side by using a newly designed quick-release system to remove the LED panel from the plastic housing. The smaller form factor and lightweight LED panel combined with four corner bumpers add further rigging versatility. The LED panel also includes an additional mating plate so it can still be mounted on a stand.
Kino Flo’s new FreeStyle 31 & 21 LED’s include three menu options, one white and two color menus. Those who prefer to work with white light can use the “white menu” that gives the user access to Dimming, Kelvin and Green/Magenta control channels. Kelvin range is from 2700K tungsten to 6500K daylight.
Mole Richardson has long been the nation’s leader in lighting for Stage and Studio. They are integrating the new LED technology with new designs for the Tweenie, Baby and Junior lines.
Kits to refit your existing Tungsten fixtures are also available.
We recommend their line of LED Spacelights, which draw 80% less power than traditional units. These fixtures are available in either Daylight or Tungsten and are DMX controllable.
Quasar Science has burst on the scene with their innovative line of LED lighting. Q-LED Linear Lamps With the Q-LED, the options are endless. From lighting actors to lighting environments, the versatility is only limited by your imagination. Stack lamps into large arrays to form LED panels of tremendous size and proportion. Light backings with unprecedented energy efficiency. String overhead above diffusions for the perfect sky. Retrofit your Kino package to high output, dimmer compatible LED units. No matter the task, Q-LED Linear Lamps are up to the challenge.
The Quasar Science Methodology
- Linear LED Lamp – The unique form factor of the Quasar Science Q-LED Lamp offers a low profile yet broad lighting source that is capable of providing everything from traditional 3 point subject lighting to architectural accents and general area lighting
- Low Profile – Easy to hide when space is at a minimum the Q-LED Linear LED lamp can be mounted against a wall or ceiling without compromising framing
- Self Ballasted – Q-LED’s do not require troublesome power supplies or ballasts which often add time when quickly adding a light, get in the way or need to be hidden from camera.
- Expandable – Stack them in a column to create large LED panels of any size or end to end for long linear lighting sources that stretch across
- Energy Efficiency – At 90+ lumens per watt the Q-LED line vastly outperforms Quartz, Halogen, Plasma and HMI lighting sources in the luminous output to power consumption
- Single End Power Input – Providing a clean appearance and easy to cable light without the need for overly complicated wiring looms that become a spiderweb, tangling themselves around stands and costing time and energy to both straighten and dress out of view.
Speaking of DMX control, check out the portable Single Dimmers from Lex Products. Available in 6K, 12K or [220v] versions, these units are controllable by either an onboard fader or 512 DMX.
Lex has also introduced molded Bates cable. The solid core of the connector greatly reduces maintenance.